Wednesday, June 13, 2012

And So It Begins

Welcome to my new blog. Fair warning: I'm not sure how much I'm going to post here. I always start out with great intentions, but then I get busy or distracted or idea-less and don't post for awhile. Still, I've been thinking for ages that I wanted to place to just write and share.

So... the laughter, inspiration, storms, and adventures tag... the first letter of each word spells out "lisa". Kinda of silly, but what do you expect? Don't look for brilliance here.

Laughter is self-explanatory. Quite often I write funny stuff. Oh, I'm not The Bloggess. If you came here looking for that level of insanity and humor, I'm not it! But I do think a good lot of life is funny -- or at least I can find something to laugh about or mock (yeah, it's a weakness, what can I say?) in nearly everything. I speak fluent sarcasm and it may be used from time to time. Beware.

Inspiration is again pretty obvious, I think. It might be something that inspires me. Or maybe I'll be trying to inspire others with a DIY project, a new recipe, my latest choice of paint for the kitchen, some thoughts about the world. Or maybe just a really cute pair of shoes. Oh wait -- there's Pinterest for that! (You could just follow me there.)

Took me awhile to come up with a word for the S. Silliness? Covered by laughter. Social? Um... not very specific. Social? As in Social networking? Social services? Social interaction?  Just being friendly social? Strike that one. Hmmm.... nouns starting with S.... Sandwiches? Scissors? Soffets? Shoes? Sunlight? You can begin to see how my wandering mind works. As in, not very well when pressured to come up with something clever.

Storms came up as a tag to describe both the problems in life as well as the storms of thought I have. And perhaps the storms of words (aka rants) I think/write about issues. I could have called it "Soliloquies" but then you'd have just thought I was being pretentious by using big words! :-) (which then begs the question, "can one appear pretentious when using emoticons?")  So Storms, it is! Oh, and I do have an evil twin -- ask Ken -- but I don't let her post. So we should all be safe from her rantings and rage.

Adventures. You're probably thinking this is applies to travel. And you'd be right. Sometimes. While both Ken and I want to travel all over the world, our trips tend to be less far afield than that for now. And one can have plenty of adventures just getting to work each day. So you could hear about my adventures trying to find the a restractable clothesline for the laundry room or pots for the deck or my distress about the crazy and clueless drivers out there on the road.

One thing you won't find much about here is the cats. I can't say I'll never talk about them. They are a big part of our lives and it seems like a lot of our projects deal with them one way or another. But I'll continue to post my cat stories and pictures over on the LostWoods blog.

This isn't a decorating blog. It's not a cooking blog. It's not a political blog. It's not a parenting blog. It's all that and more and less. It's just a blog about life in my world. Me, lost in the woods.


No comments:

Post a Comment